Our client was planning the launch of a new specialist baby formula, and wanted to offer the right support and guidance to parents of babies with a particular allergy. To do that, their team needed to understand more about the diagnosis and treatment journey, and how they could deliver against unmet needs to drive engagement.
- We mined a rich existing source of rich data through text analytics, identifying issues and experiences; information, solutions and support mums use, and the interplay between them
- Ethnographic in-home interviews with mums of children with a specific allergy. Explored experiences, focusing on consumer health information, solutions and support to close gaps in understanding of the journey
- Face-to-face groups and depths, focusing on knowledge of immunity and ingredients
Distilled the insights into step-by-step understanding:
- Mum’s practical and emotional needs at each of the key stages, including the scope for education on immunity needs
- Concrete implications for the client’s marketing strategy, as well as keywords, channels and tone to adopt in communications about in general and specifically about this product