Job title: Research Consultant
Reports to: Research Director/ Associate Director
In this role you will assist in the setup, data collection, and analysis stages of research projects,
spanning a variety of methodologies and industries.
What the job involves
The role will expose you to a wide variety of projects allowing you to work on both quantitative
and qualitative studies across our entire client base enabling you to develop your research skills.
We’ve listed below the sorts of things you will be doing with an estimate of how your time will be
divided between the different areas. However as an ad hoc agency, no days are ever the same!
- To assist in the analysis and interpretation of research data, including coding, checking tables, and preparing presentations and/or reports (normally as part of a team with more senior staff) (25%)
- Collecting data, e.g. via desk research, conducting depth interviews and co-moderating focus groups and online forums (20%)
- To assist in screener, questionnaire and discussion guide design and implementation (10%)
- Preparing for fieldwork, by programming web surveys or checking survey scripts; briefing fieldwork agencies; and monitoring recruitment (10%)
- Ensuring work from fieldwork agencies or freelancers is completed on time, fits the quota and is of the quality required (10%)
- To assist in proposal writing, primarily through collation of costs & details from potential partner fieldwork agencies, and conducting background research (10%)
- To participate in our academy training programme (10%)
- To participate in the MRS professional development scheme which includes the Certificate exam and Integrated Assignment (5%)
What we are looking for in this role
We are looking for people who are passionate, enthusiastic and have a pride in their work.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with at least 1 years’ experience of working in a research department. You will have excellent communication skills, including written English, and be able to demonstrate initiative with the ability to work as part of a team. You will have good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Powerpoint.
Experience in one or more of our key sectors – B2B, health, technology or transport– would be an advantage as is familiarity with statistical software (i.e. SPSS) and fluency in a second language.
Working for Breaking Blue
You’ll be joining a team working for some of the world’s biggest brands. Clients tell us we provide
confidence and clarity in the face of complexity. We love to get to the nub of seemingly intractable questions and show what’s really happening. But what really inspires us is seeing the fruits of our research making a tangible difference for our clients.
With around 40 energetic and enthusiastic employees at our London, Glasgow and Manchester
offices, we generate over £6million’s worth of business per annum with an exciting range of UK
and international clients. Much of our work is overseas, so if you have a second language there’s a good chance you’ll get to use it.
Training and development is vitally important to us. We win awards for it! We are an accredited
centre for the MRS certificate and run numerous in house training and sharing sessions as well as
providing on the job training to ensure you learn, grow and do a great job for our clients.
We are part of a group of companies owned by Cello Group PLC (http://www.cellogroup.co.uk).
We maintain close relations with our fellow Cello partners and there are opportunities for
collaboration, secondments, even jobs, as well as gaining a wider knowledge of all aspects of